► Thales discloses its 2019 half-year results
Paris La Défense, France 4 September 2019
- Order intake: €7.0 billion, up 10% (-1% on an organic basis )
- Sales: €8.2 billion, up 9.9% (-0.5% on an organic basis)
- EBIT : €820 million, up 8% (+4% on an organic basis)
- Adjusted net income, Group share: €574 million, up 7%
- Consolidated net income, Group share: €557 million, up 22%
- Free operating cash flow: -€332 million
All 2019 financial objectives confirmed, with organic sales growth at the lower end of the previous guidance (3% to 4%)
Thales’s Board of Directors (Euronext Paris: HO) met on 3 September 2019 to review the financial statements for the first half of 2019.
“In the first half of 2019, Thales posted a solid performance, once again demonstrating the resilience of its business model. In spite of the slowdown in the commercial space market as well as a high basis of comparison in the Transport and Defence & Security segments, sales remained stable at constant scope and currency. The commercial momentum remained solid, with the booking of 7 large orders with a unit value of more than €100 million. Operating margin grew organically, led by a very good performance in the Defence & Security segment. The results achieved by Gemalto, consolidated since 1 April 2019, were in line with our expectations. This positive momentum allows us to confirm our 2019 financial objectives.
All Group teams remain focused on the implementation of the second phase of Ambition 10, our strategic plan, and on Gemalto’s integration.” Patrice Caine, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer
To read the full press release please click here