London, September 10, 2019 – Digital sovereignty and technological independence are extremely crucial for government customers with security-critical applications. Rohde & Schwarz presents SOVERON at this year’s DSEi, taking place in London, Great Britain from 10 to 13 September 2019, on booth S1-350.
SOVERON gives government customers a secure, high-performance network architecture consisting of state-of-the-art, innovative hardware and software, cryptology and intelligent routing. It takes into account their security and national interests and enables them to achieve information superiority.
Germany’s procurement agency BAAINBw awarded a modernization contract of PUMA infantry fighting vehicles (IFV) and other German Army equipment for NATO’s Very High Readiness Joint Task Force (VJTF) 2023. In this context, the seamless command radio link for the PUMA IFV for VJTF 2023, including connecting the infantryman of the future (IdZ-ES) to the vehicle, is provided by Rohde & Schwarz, supplying the latest tactical SDR together with suitable waveforms, integration, training and services.
The SOVERON family works with the high data rate jam resistant SOVERON WAVE for tactical rugged use on the first mile. All members of the SOVERON WAVE offer mobile ad hoc network (MANET) functionality.
As key components of the SOVERON communications system architecture, Rohde & Schwarz’ innovative SOVERON SDRs are available for tactical communications scenarios and for deployment on airborne platforms:
• SOVERON HR covers the “first mile” with a secure and trustworthy handheld SDR suitable for dismounted applications;
• SOVERON VR is optimized for vehicle-based communications and covers the complete VHF/UHF frequency range;
• SOVERON AR is the newest member of the SDR family for deployment on airborne platforms and can also be used as a certified civil ATC radio.
• SOVERON WAVE is a family of high data rate and jam-resistant IP based waveforms with low latency and MANET capability;
• SOVERON NETWORK MANAGEMENT enables network planning, radio network planning and data distribution in a secure environment;
• SOVERON LAB enables development of modern and complex waveforms, protecting intellectual property rights of the original waveform owners and ensures national crypto customization;
• SOVERON CRYPTO is a state-of-the-art security management system for the SOVERON software defined radio family for managing security-critical elements in tactical radio and IP networks;
• Other OEM equipment such as routers and switches for tactical and stationary use complement the portfolio in the tactical range.
In naval communications, SOVERON is responsible for external communications in a joint environment within a formation, up to Fleet Command and other forces.