Haifa, Israel, 3 March, 2020 – Elbit Systems Ltd. announced today that it was selected by Rheinmetall Canada Inc. to provide Satellite-on-the-Move (“SOTM”) communication systems to the Canadian Armed Forces, as part of the Land Command Support System Life Extension (LCSS LE) program.
Elbit Systems will supply the Canadian Armed Forces its triple band ELSAT 2100 SATCOM on-the-Move systems that enable reliable, real-time, on-the-move broadband communication solution. Using military and commercial satellites, including the Wideband Global SATCOM (WGS) network of the U.S. Department of Defense, the ELSAT 2100 SATCOM on-the-Move systems will enable the Canadian Armed Forces to maintain long-range voice and data connectivity between mobile command vehicles, liaison elements, high-priority sensor vehicles as well as tactical headquarters or command posts, providing them with high capacity network services and battle command-on-the-move capabilities.
Haim Delmar, Executive Vice President and General Manager of Elbit Systems C4I & Cyber Division, commented: “We are proud of our ongoing work with the Canadian Armed Forces, providing them with networked combat solutions. We will continue to focus on developing and delivering superior networked warfare technologies to Canada and additional Five Eyes countries.”
Elbit Systems previous activities in Canada
- 2019 – Elbit Systems was selected by Rheinmetall Canada to supply Off board Electronic Counter Measure Payload for the Hammerhead Unmanned Surface Vessel of the Royal Canadian Navy as part of its Naval Off-Board Anti-Missile Active Decoy (NOMAD) Program. The NOMAD system is an Electronic Attack payload integrated onto an unmanned surface vessel for remote anti-ship missile defence operations.
- 2019 – Elbit Systems’ Canadian subsidiary, GeoSpectrum Technologies, completes final assessment of its Towed Reelable Active Passive Sonar (TRAPS) on board the HMCS Glace Bay of the Royal Canadian Navy.
- 2018 – Elbit Systems’ Canadian subsidiary, GeoSpectrum Technologies performs Anti-Submarine Warfare trials of its Towed Reelable Active Passive Sonar on board Royal Canadian Navy HMCS Shawinigan
- 2014 – Elbit Systems was awarded contract by Rheinmetall Canada to provide ELSAT 2100 Satellite-on-the-Move systems for use by the Canadian Armed Forces.
- 2009 – Elbit Systems was awarded a contract by Lockheed Martin Canada to supply Electronic Warfare equipment for the Canadian Navy’s Halifax Frigate Modernization program.
Photo courtesy Elbit Systems